A California Report

Non-FoW 20th Century Wargaming
ron winkler

A California Report

Postby ron winkler » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

Hi Guys: Thought I'd give you an update of my gaming experience since the move. Last Saturday I attend the local HMGS monthly gaming event and participated in two games one was a pre-dreadnaught naval game with Japanese versus Russians. Naval gaming seems to be hot here and they apparently have had some games played on the USS Iowa which is mored in Long Beach. The other was Team Yankee in 1/144 scale. I used a West German force and did nasty work with my Leopard 2's. One of the players put me on to a 3D printing company which has a lot of items available in various scales form 1/285 and up. Also some Star Wars items. If you want to look at whats available the link is Shapeways.com/product/BTZWAGDNR/mg144r11-bmp-2?optionid=58252276. You can see their 1/144 scale BMP-2. More later.

Tom

Re: A California Report

Postby Tom » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:38 am

Good to hear you're getting in some gaming! Your departure certainty has slowed down gaming here.

Get use to Team Yankee rules. Version 4 FoW is confirmed for this year and we expect to see that format applied across the board!

Tom

ron winkler

Re: A California Report

Postby ron winkler » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Tom: It will be interesting if they convert to the Team Yankee system. Wonder if they will change the point cost as well. My limited experience with TY is that it moves along much quicker but that may be do impart to how lethal modern weapons seem to be. I like the way they changed airstrikes although you won't see hunter killer helicopters in WWII. My next adventure is to try the 1982 Arab-Israeli TY unit cards I found on wwpd. Tell Ed I miss our Saturday games.

Return to “Other WWII/Modern Gaming”