Team Yankee

Battlefront's company level WWII (with WWI, Korean, and Vietnam variants) [15mm]
MIKE PIKE

Re: Team Yankee

Postby MIKE PIKE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 pm

A bit of the U.S. Armored Team. Still need to build the Cobras A-10s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ron winkler

Postby ron winkler » Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 am

Mike: Nice looking force. Yesterday, I tried an East German Volks Armee for the first time using the T-55AM2 Panzer Battalion with two T-55 companies backed by a T-72 company. I was lucky with some dice rolls and had the T-55's bounce some long range shots from M1's and my opponent missing Cobra ATGW shots. The T-55's are useful in knocking out US light equipment like M901's, M113's and VADS, however, they are difficult to move in terrain with a 4+ crossing so coordinating an attack while maintaining command with T-55's is tricky. At game's end I had knocked out two M1 platoons with a combination of Hinds, T-72's and BRDM Spandrel shots while the T-55's took out a platoon of VADS and M901's and my Carnations pinned the US infantry. One thing I need to look at is if a pinned infantry unit still counts as in good spirits for formation checks.

MIKE PIKE

Postby MIKE PIKE » Mon May 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Thanks Ron, got to get back to them. Still trying to work up the courage to try a camo pattern. I may just leave them dust coated green.

ron winkler

Postby ron winkler » Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 am

Well I did my US in the NATO camo colors similar to the West Germans. I noticed that T-64's are next together with BTR-60's. Wonder when some additional US kit will be released.

Tom

Postby Tom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:46 pm

MIKE PIKE wrote:Tom

I have my 100 point US armored team ready for action. Let me know when you get your soviets in shape.

Well my Soviets are quite battle hardened now and are ready to go!

MIKE PIKE

Postby MIKE PIKE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Well my Soviets are quite battle hardened now and are ready to go!

Sounds good. I have yet to play a game as I can't seem to get time to paint up my Soviets. I will check my calendar and shoot you some dates I might be able to come your way, as I am also space challenged here.

Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Our next event will probably be a MW FoW event on September 23rd.

Hard Knox Games is planing a Team Yankee event in the fall.

MIKE PIKE

Postby MIKE PIKE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:37 am

September 23rd is a good date for me. MW Desert or Eastern Front ?

A Team Yankee event sounds good too. Hope it falls on a weekend I can make.

Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 am

The September 23rd event at HKG was preempted by one in Indianapolis.

Let me know if you want some TY practice before October.

ron winkler

Postby ron winkler » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Played a Team Yankee game yesterday and was accused of cheating by using the rules. It was a my US Mech Infantry company versus a Soviet Tank Battalion. Total of 75 points per side. Mission roll was Encounter with the Soviets as attackers. The Soviets placed their BMP-2 Recon to extend their deployment zone in the center followed by a BMP-2 infantry company. On their right flank they had a Carnation Battery with observer and a Tank Company with 7 T-72's on their left flank. I had the two Mech infantry platoon deployed in woods one in the center facing the advancing BMP-2' s and the other opposite the Carnation battery. Both Mech companies were covering objectives. On my right I had 2 ITV's in a woods backed by 4 Cobras (within 3" of the table edge) facing the on coming T-72's. Soviet first move advanced their tanks(terrain dash) and BMP-2 infantry. Because of movement the Soviet tanks could not shoot but the BMP's forced two M-113's to bail. Note my Infantry was already dismounted. On my first move, I remounted the M-113's trying to shoot up the BMP's with no success and my infantry facing the BMP's failed to dig-in. However, the Cobra's passed a shoot and scoot check killing two tanks and bailing another, then moved off table.

On the nest Soviet turn their tanks advanced taking shots at my two ITV in the woods without effect but were within 6". However, they failed to remount the bailed tank. Their Carnation played smoke across my infantry in the center then took some shots at the M-113's without effect. On my turn the ITV's rolled successful Blitz and cross checks so were able to pull back and fire at some exposed T-72's bailing one and destroying another. My Cobras also passed a Blitz test and reappeared killing two more T-72's leaving one bail and one in good condition. The Soviet Tank Company failed it's morale check and they lost several BMP-2's loaded with troops to Dragon fire.

Since I had a full M1 Platoon in reserve with 4 more IFV's and 4 VADS the Soviet played conceded the game.

Return to “Flames of War”